But suddently, the web interface only shows the welcome wizard for
configuring the server. I don't dare continue here, as it might
overwrite my configuration, which worked perfectly for many years. I can
still access the server by radio or by squeezer app, so the server seems
to be fine and working. I also can access the files, but there are
plenty of them.

Most likely your prefs file already got corrupted... the wizard would only be shown if the wizardDone pref wasn't set. And there's no code to reset this value. So if it's not set, it's most likely a new prefs file. You better double check the file (find /etc -name server.prefs) and your file system. And keep the backup ready...