We ran into similar issues on Fedora Linux.

Our version did not have CPAN installed, so to upgrade IO::Socket::SSL
to version 2.072, we used:

yum install perl-CPAN
/usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::SSLeay'
/usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e 'install IO::Socket::SSL'

It drops the updated perl modules into /usr/local/share/perl5/ and the
version is for sure now up to date:

# perl -MIO::Socket::SSL -e 'print $IO::Socket::SSL::VERSION ."\n";'
2.072

and also visible from within LMS

Logitech Media Server Status
IO::Socket::SSL: 2.072

On fedora versions where the ca-certificates package is no longer
updated, you can update the root certs as follows:

curl --insecure https://curl.se/ca/cacert.pem -o
/etc/pki/ca-trust/source/anchors/curl-cacert-updated.pem &&
update-ca-trust

Then restart LMS and you no longer will need to disable the certificate
verification on HTTPS connections as a workaround.