I downloaded a recent nightly build of LMS 8.2.1 to install on Mac OS
Monterey and have come across some issues. Server status on the Prefpane
is stuck on "starting" although from the server log it seems that
everything is loaded and the music library has scanned. However in the
advanced tab of the prefpane, both Web Remote Control and Advanced
Settings are greyed out.  In contradiction to this, both the server web
GUI and web settings pages are completely functional. In fact LMS
appears to function as normal apart from the strange behaviour of the
Prefpane.

Following on from another thread, I followed Michael's suggestion to
start LMS from the terminal:

arch -x86_64
/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/slimserver.pl
--d_startup

This has not cured the issue. The prefpane remains stuck on "starting"
and the web control and advanced settings are still greyed out.

On a different note, Mac OS Monterey appears to have stringent power
management features. The Prevent Standby plugin does not stop the system
from prematurely going back into sleep a minute or so after WOL, even
though caffeinate is running. I need to have the display turned on in
order for the players to be stably connected to the server.