mherger wrote:

> => Does anybody know about a way to tell LMS that it should use the
> > newly installed /usr/local/bin/perl version instead of the default
> > system perl version?
>
> I did this for a while. At some point I was using a git clone, I didn't
>
> update packages. That way I was able to change the shebang line in the
> main script from #!/usr/bin/perl to #!/path/to/my/perl. Later on I
> created an update script which would install the latest rpm file, then
> modify that line after each installation.
Thanks for your help, but I am afraid that you over-estimate my
knowledge. I am not a programmer nor a Linux expert. I occasionally
build + install software from source code, but only with the help of
clear and complete instructions.
=> What is the exact file name and location of the "main script" that
you mention? Can the path to the perl binary be modified after
installation of LMS? Or is it needed to modify the script before
building LMS from source code? FYI I use the amd64.deb package for
installation of LMS, and the location of LMS is
/usr/share/squeezeboxserver.

| LMS 8.3.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 8.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero |
SqueezeAMP |