OK I have narrowed this down to a problem with the docker container on
my CentOS server. I've been using the docker image as per
https://hub.docker.com/r/lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver but somehow a
recent update either in my server or the image must have broken
something that was working before. A few issues:

- CentOS runs the "cockpit" server administration interface on 9090 by
  default
- In CentOS /etc/timezone is a folder that has no content by default

Both of these are an issue for the LMS container. I don't know why they
never caused problems before, and still don't on the Boom, but I think
this is the source of the issues. I've stopped cockpit temporarily and
added a script in the custom-init.sh file to set timezone properly (ref
https://serverfault.com/questions/683605/docker-container-time-timezone-will-not-reflect-changes).
So now LMS is running, the timezone is correct, and all the required
ports are open.

So when I try to connect using "my music" I now get two different

- The Radio just gives the same error as before - basically "I can't
  find any LMS instances on the network"
- The Touch immediately tries to connect to the LMS, but goes to a
  failed to connect page. But the LMS web interface reports reports it
  as connected and allows me to choose music etc. Nothing actually plays
  on the Touch when I choose it.

I have discovered a workaround for both of these problems, by manually
adding the library in Settings > Advanced > Networking > Add Library. I
manually add the local server IP address (192.168.1.50) and it then
connects ok.

Everything seems to be working from here. I don't know why the players
don't automatically connect to the LMS but now that they are connected I
guess this is ok. I'll wait to see if the Radio asks to update to the
new community firmware.