philippe_44 wrote:
> I don’t think YTmusic has a published API, so it’s too painful to try to
> do that even with some existing reverse engineering work that’s
> available here and there. As everything, a dev has to have a motive to
> do these type of things and money will not be here :) so it has to be a
> sort of personal use or intellectual challenge. AFAIC I already have too
> many streaming services and it’s just another API.

I hear you about the proliferation of streaming services...  After being
a long-time Google Music subscriber, I switched to TIDAL plus Plex for
my own music library for the past few years, but I have given up on the
quirks of the TIDAL Android app (and also having to use Plexamp for part
of my library).  So even thought I am reluctant to switch back, YTM
allows you to upload and mix your own collection with their catalog and
has also solved the mobile device/offline problem.

Regarding the reverse-engineering work, I've started looking info
leveraging 'sigma67/ytmusicapi' (https://github.com/sigma67/ytmusicapi).
For LMS, this would require using Inline::Python again (similar to the
'hechtus/squeezebox-googlemusic plugin'
(https://github.com/hechtus/squeezebox-googlemusic)), but I recall all
of that working well enough.  Now I have to see if I can devote enough
time to pursue it as a side-project.

Thank you for all of the work you do to support LMS and related
software!