Redrum wrote:
> I'll have to defer to others to help you with uninstall on your NAS, I
> have zero knowledge/experience.
>
> If it were me, I would hate to give up as it is bound to be something
> little, right? But, if you do decide you want to stop beating your head
> against the wall, I would suggest getting a raspberry pi (if you can
> find one, or second hand) and run picoreplayer (pcp) as a LMS server
> only (which is what I do). Then you can point the pcp to the NAS
> (similar to what your PC is doing). Run the pcp 24/7 (like your NAS)
> it's low power consumption, and fits your desire to not have the PC on
> to listen.
>
> Most would suggest that you get a pi4, but I have both a 4 and the 3b+
> and the 3b+ runs fine. <$100 USD (on ebay, less if you can find one
> through an auth reseller) and your problem is solved. Plus, if you want,
> you can use the pi as another squeezelite player.
>
> The one other option that I know nothing about, is running LMS in a
> docker. I am wondering if this would inadvertently solve your problem.
>
> Finally, I had suggested a while back - can you insert a USB stick of
> music in your NAS and see if NAS LMS finds it? If it does, it's
> something specific to how your NAS sees your drive vs the stick
> (permissions, etc)
>
> Jim

Jim,

Don't weant to give up yet! I have taken on board your suggestion of a
Raspberry unit if all else fails. Also tried your USB suggestion with
some files. Although the folder on USB can be seen and selected by LMS a
scan does not make them availabe to see or play? When it comes to
allocating user access to the sub folders within the MUSIC folder on the
USB , my NAS does not allow sub folder permissions on external drives