Thanks to all for your input.

slartibartfast wrote:
> How are you navigating to the station?
> I just searched for Radio Northampton and it works for me (same as
> station in BBC Sounds)
> http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s6853&sid=p223965&formats=aac,ogg,mp3,hls&partnerId=16&serial=5b473c2d8abf2603d39d6c1d69223555
> As an aside the BBC Sounds plugin is a much better way to listen.
>
> Edit, they just said it was Radio Nottingham [emoji1787]
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I use the standard LMS radio / search feature.
I will look into the BBC Sounds plug-in but it sounds like (excuse the
pun) that won't solve this particular problem.

bpa wrote:
> That indicates a BBC or CDN "problem" - same audio content is sent to
> two different network streams.  Didn't BBC recently announce some sort
> of savings where regional stations were being "shared" - I thought it
> was at night only.

My understanding of the planned changes to BBC local radio regarding
shared output etc is that it affects output after 2pm and weekends and
won't come into force until next year.
Could be some preliminary tinkering or just a coincidence?

Any advice on how best to ask the BBC to check their streaming output?
(if BBC Sounds output is also suffering same mix up, will it definitely
be the BBC or could third-party CDN services be involved in that
output?)

Many thanks.