dmw010 wrote:
> OK, thanks, I did that and granted full disk access to that version of
> perl and rebooted. Still got the perl access request, allowed it, and
> LMS still can't see the Boom players.

Sorry, I was replying mostly to the other user who had the issue with
the prompt for allowing LMS to access Removable Volumes.  It wasn't
clear to me if you had this issue also.

Your issue, if I'm reading correctly, seems to be related to Firewall
being enabled.  I don't use it, so I don't know what the issue is here.

> Does it matter whether I remove bash and the other versions of perl from
> full disk access? Right now I've got 4 versions of perl with full disk
> access.

I haven't worked out all the details for what is now required.  Here is
what I believe is true:

1. When you run the LMS package installer, it is the owner, and it is
the app that requests permissions.  You'll see Installer in Privacy &
Security > Files and Folders, and it should have listed the locations
where your media is located (e.g. Documents, Network Volumes, Removable
Volumes).

2. After installation is done, if you start via the Settings panel, then
launchd inititiates launching LMS via perl and the perl script
slimserver.pl.  This is where the codesign workaround helps.  From my
testing, once I've performed the ad-hoc codesign'ing as mentioned
earlier, I only received the permissions request one time, and never
again regardless of restarting LMS.

3. When starting slimserver.pl via command line, enabling Network and/or
Removable Volumes for the perl contained in the LMS package is
sufficient.

4. The requirement for bash / sh I believe are/were for performing
updates via LMS, or perhaps starting from the command line (prior to
Ventura?).  I have not checked on this fully in my tests today.   I did
just do an update via LMS's web interface and it worked.  I do not have
sh or bash added to Privacy & Security > Files and Folders or Privacy &
Security > Full Disk Access.   Here is what I have configured:

39098

39099

The multiple versions of perl you have are likely no longer necessary in
those lists.  You only need the perl contained in the LMS package to be
included, since LMS now uses its own self-contained perl binary (and
modules).

|Filename: Full Disk Access.png                                     |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39099|