Yesterday I upgraded my LMS from version 8.0.0 to 8.2.0, not noticing
anything wrong. This morning the alarm on Radio did the tsjiboom thing
and as I investigated I found that Radio refused to play the active
media which happened to be a radio station (I did find out later that it
still does play local media). Receiver and Touch were not affected, not
sure about Boom as I initially neglected to identify that the issue was
restricted to radio stations and the current track on the Boom was a
local media file.

As LMS reported an issue with the Radio's firmware (with the version
patch) I tried updating it with the community version but it wouldn't
accept it and so I downgraded to 8.1.0 (there is no 8.0.1 install as
mentioned in the forum post about the community firmware?) and I managed
to get the community firmware on. It still states the following though:

Code:
--------------------
    You seem to be using a Radio with an outdated firmware, not recognizing
this version of Logitech Media Server. Please consider patching it. Get more
information.

  Player Information

  Player Model: Squeezebox Radio
  Player Type: baby
  Firmware: 8.0.1-r16907
  Player IP Address:

Radio happily played the stream though and I went back to 8.2.0 only to
find that it was broken again. So I stepped down again, this time to
version 8.1.1 and it was still broken. So somewhere between commit
'effae84 and dd356a4'
(https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/compare/effae84...dd356a4) it
went bust. My guess is that the issue may be related to one or more of
the commits about transcoding somehow conflicting with the
'--notranscoding' command line option.