It looks like I need Squeezebox V3 to use Squeeze Network? I'm not sure
if my SB is V1 or 2...if I had to guess, I think 2. Definitely not 3. 
I see that the firmware is V40. I added the SN option to the menu but I
get a message that I need a newer Squeezebox.

It seems to me the integration would be at the software level,not the
hardware. Is this a marketing decision or a hardware limitation? I'd be
surprised (and disappointed) if it were the former. It seems I should be
able to use it with the SB applet simulation.

It appears that SN is simply a way to store favorites for your Internet
radio stations and to have it stream directly from your router/modem,
bypassing your computer. (Hmmm....I guess if it bypasses your computer,
it does bypass the software and integrate at the Squeezebox itself.) Is
there more to it...am I missing something?


-- 
baconrad
------------------------------------------------------------------------
baconrad's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1985
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=23040

_______________________________________________
squeezenetwork mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/squeezenetwork

Reply via email to