sujas;291871 Wrote: 
> Yes, i understand it is not meant to be a standalone player. However, I
> need a player whose source code is available. And, softsqueeze seems to
> fit the bill. 
> I also know that when i start streaming from a custom url after
> connecting thru squeezecenter and I turn the squeezecenter off, then
> squeeezebox keeps playing the music without it being on. That leads me
> to think that there must be a way for it to play without squeezecenter
> (if I could fix some parameters).
> Do you think it is possible? Thx

You have the source code, so, yes, I think it is possible but you'll
have to develop the code to allow it to tune to a URL yourself.  Each
instance of one of our players is a standalone "thin client" for our
servers.  We don't stream internet radio or network music services
through our server, we simply connect the player to the stream.  You
would have to make that connection yourself--I would think that would
happen by mimicking the SlimProto commands for tuning to a URL.

Can you explain what you're trying to do?  Collectively there is a lot
of expertise here and I'm sure that you would find better answers if
you would be more clear about what you're trying to accomplish.


-=> Jim


-- 
JimC

"well, she wasn't all of that, but she sure was some of that."  --
BKlaas' college buddy
------------------------------------------------------------------------
JimC's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=9428
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=45941

_______________________________________________
squeezenetwork mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/squeezenetwork

Reply via email to