Well I'm with you on this.
I haven't reviewed this code yet and the words makes sense so..
debug() this or debug() that or about() this or that is related to crashes which I have not seen for a very long time.

Eliezer

On 11/03/2016 06:39, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 03/10/2016 08:32 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:

>Can this be verified in any way?
Verify that I am not imagining things? Sure! If looking at fatal()
itself is not enough to realize that it does not log the FATAL message
until_after_  calling a few "heavy" functions (which may fail on their
own), then just call "abort()" from releaseServerSockets() to emulate
such a failure, and you will not see any FATAL messages from Squid, no
mater how many times it calls fatal() or fatalf().

Alex.