On 18/05/2017 06:05 μμ, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 05/18/2017 05:12 AM, Christos Tsantilas wrote:

Agrr... Using the openSSL version was the faster/easier way. Touching
autoconf may result to 2-3 full squid rebuilds to implement/test similar
fixes.

The alternative is to convince others that Squid will not support
OpenSSL API implementations that lie about their OpenSSL API version.
Judging by the time wasted on related discussions about API basics, I
suspect it would be cheaper, in the long term, to use feature tests.

Of course I agree with you. In many cases we used openSSL version just because it was easier and this is wrong.

However is not easy to always use this method. The OpenSSL-1.1.0 put many API changes trying to hide structure members from user and replace with API calls instead. Also has many API changes, I suppose to make API more consistent.

This is resulted to many changes and it will not be easy to check availability for each of the investigated functions and API changes.

Alex.