I have been working from time to time on StoreID while I believe it useful
for targeted scenarios.

I can test and write different code but wanted to first ask since my memory
is a bit vauge.

Squid during it's client side callouts:

Runs a series of tests at:

https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/blob/d2a6dcba707c15484c255e7a569b90f7f1
186383/src/client_side_request.cc#L1723

https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/blob/d2a6dcba707c15484c255e7a569b90f7f1
186383/src/client_side_request.cc#L1750

>From what I understood this section and others are running in
a-synchronically.

So from my point of view now I understand that if I will use a request mod
ICAP service to inject a request header into the request
It would be available as a StoreID extra ie I can use:

store_id_extras "%>a/%>A %un %>rm myip=%la myport=%lp %{X-Store-Id}>h"

and I will be able to "send" the StoreID helper an extra header which can be
considered while returning squid the right StoreID.

If it's indeed true, is it possible to pass an ICAP response header into the
store_id_extras?

Thanks,

Eliezer

----