---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:40:34 -0500
From: Steve Snyder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Henrik Nordstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: FYI: new (?) warnings in 2.5S9 build

On Thursday 31 March 2005 5:04 am, you wrote:
On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Steve Snyder wrote:
I get the warnings below when building 2.5S9 + all patches (as of 30
Mar.).  I mention this because I don't recall seeing them previously.

Some are new (most from the 2GB patch), but not all I think.

Have you perhaps upgraded your compiler? Or which version of Squid was
it you previously used?

I stay current on the patches, so the only differences in code base were the 4 2.5S9 patches I applied last night that were not present last week.

Btw, which compiler are you using?

It's the Intel ICC compiler (Linux version). I've been using it with Squid for years, and there hasn't been an update for a couple of months.

Also, all are completely harmless. Just indicates that certain
potential error conditions we test for can not occur.

I wasn't terribly concerned about them. After all, apparently those conditionals *can't* evaluate wrong. I just mentioned it because of the number of the same kind of warnings and the fact (I think) that I hadn't seen them before.

Regards
Henrik

Thanks for the response.