Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Joe Cooper wrote:

CARP balances based on a hash of the destination URL, not client.

Hmmm...that raises a different question: How does one address the issue of maintaining client stickiness?

It doesn't. CARP is designed for routing requests to a cloud/array of parent proxy cache servers with minimal duplication of cache content.

Nevermind. One shouldn't configure Squid while tired. ;-)

Now that httpd accel hosts are cache_peers I can used cache_peer_access to make the distribution decisions...Don't know why I didn't think of that, as I've used it in the past for similar purposes.

That said, http://devel.squid-cache.org/rproxy/backend.html#balance suggests that some mechanism for load balancing based on client exists in rproxy, though I don't see anything relevant in the configuration options. (This item is marked "(done)" in the todo list.)