On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Serassio Guido wrote:

Just installed now, and problem is still here ... :-(

I like to know what happens on Solaris 10, where ipfilter is bundled into.

Probably the same thing.

the fault is imho at Squid, not Solaris/IP-Filter. The trouble is/was caused by the following:

#define free +

etc in squid.h to block misuse of standard malloc routines where the Squid versions should be used. This pollutes the C/C++ token namespace crashing any structures or classes having members of the same names.

After fixing as proposed, ipfilter builds and installs fine, but Squid 3 broke on this patch that allow it to build without the headers fixing:

http://www.squid-cache.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/squid3/include/config.h.diff?r1=1.10&r2=1.11&f=h

This is about something else than the original IP-Filter build problem..

Backing out this, Squid 3 build fine with both ARP and ipfilter support.

Interesting.

seems things have changed considerably since I looked at the original problem report some years ago.

Regards
Henrik