On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 wessels wrote:

 Removed static requestLink() and requestUnlink() methods.  Replaced them
 with HTTPMSGLOCK() and HTTPMSGUNLOCK() macros.

Ugh.. why?

Because I think its annoying to have to write

   if (foo) {
        foo->unlock();
        foo = NULL;
   }

in so many places.

Any change introducing macros into C++ code is... in nearly all cases not well thought over..

The correct solution is that HttpRequest (or perhaps HttpMsg) should be refcounted I think.

I started down that path and wasted about 4 days on it.  Switching
from normal pointers to ::Pointer is not pleasant for something
that is used so pervasively.

Duane W.