Hi Robert,

At 14.23 22/04/2006, Robert Collins wrote:

How does this sound in principal? If it sounds ok, I'll start doing a
series of small (a few hours each) patches heading in this direction.
One of the reasons I want to do this is to make it possible to write a
test harness that can exercise callback requiring code by having a
trivial controllable event loop that can be invoked in a test.

For me the whole idea is good: we need to reorganize the socket I/O and we should play better with threading questions.

But I fear that a similar work could push more away in the future the release of a stable Squid 3.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1           10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135  Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/