Hi all,

I already posted this on squid-users (sorry for crossposting), but I don't think now that I will get a valuable response. It's acutally not the exact same message, I tried to clarify my question.

regards, Stefan Bischof

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Stefan Bischof* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Mar 7, 2007 1:37 PM
Subject: Question ICAP-client
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org <mailto:squid-users@squid-cache.org>

Hello,

I have a question regarding the ICAP-client of Squid (3.0PRE5 and following), I hope this is the right place to ask:

Currently I am writing an ICAP-server. What I need now is the authenticated username. The rest of the message describes my tries to get this working and my question.

First I implemented http://www.i-cap.org/spec/draft-stecher-icap-subid-00.txt <http://www.i-cap.org/spec/draft-stecher-icap-subid-00.txt> by sending
in my OPTIONS response. (I don't know if this draft is really implemented, but after a little googlin, I tought so ... Please tell me whether it is implemented in the actual 3.0 or not.) Squid didn't send me the desired header field (X-Authenticated-User) in the next requests.

Any mistake by me so far?

OK, after that i enabled icap_send_client_username in squid.conf (The only thing I need is in fact the username, I don't care about auth-schemes). This worked great for REQMOD requests. But in RESPMOD requests the username is still missing (not only my application was complaining, I used tcpdump to verify this).

So my big question is:
What can I do (or what is the right way) to get the username in REQMOD AND IN RESPMOD requests?

I am curious about your answers!

best regards
Stefan Bischof

Addition: I am running Squid 3.0PRE5 in a VMWare Ubuntu Linux 6.10 Server. For authentication I used the simple NCSA authenticator.

If you need any other information, just tell me.
Thanks for helping me out!