On ons, 2007-08-01 at 10:35 +0300, Tsantilas Christos wrote:

> OK. Sometimes I am using this typecasts just to note that here this
> operations must be done in 64bits. But yes this is why the comments
> exists ...
> Moreover casting maybe it is dangerous in the cases where the signess of
> an integer changes....

And most importantly it makes automatic discovery of mismatches when
changing datatypes much harder.

> I did not change it now because, if I am not wrong, the kb_size_t type
> has the meaning that the users enters the configuration parameter in
> Kbytes (eg "quick_abort_min 128" is 128Kbytes).

True, but only with a big warning..

2007/08/01 11:32:56| WARNING: No units on 'quick_abort_max 1', assuming
1.000000 KB

> But if it is a required I will do it ....

Not strictly required, but only using bytes makes the code easier to
follow and less risk of casting problems..

Regards
Henrik