Adrian Chadd wrote:
On Wed, Nov 14, 2007, Amos Jeffries wrote:

The bigger problem which you have just uncovered is that FreeBSD does
provide a sys/md5.h, but does not define the MD5_DIGEST_CHARS or
MD5_DIGEST_
For the fix of FreeBSD. It should just be a little tweak of the #define for

Why don't we just force use of the openssl library for md5?
Will that bloat the Squid binary somehow?

That has not changed, when its asked for or just located by autotools OpenSSL is used. Otherwise its best-fit between anything else.

The issue started with a symbol clash between the squid bundled and a library when OpenSSL was not available. My fix for that was unfortunately naive and broken.

I've bitten the bullet and made the symbol-change in 3.0 now, despite the amount of code that needed touching for a symbol change.

Amos