> On Tue, 2008-04-08 at 15:15 +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>> tis 2008-04-08 klockan 17:59 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>> > Currently:
>> >    fde::flags::transparent == 'intercept/non-intercept'
>> >    fde::flags::tproxy == real-transparent/non-transparent
>> >    (new) COMM_TRANSPARENT == real-transparent
>> >
>> > Their use is currently good for what they do. A small re-naming is all
>> > that is needed there. I'm thinking flags::intercept and
>> > flags::realtransparent.
>>

>> In the request flags I would use intercepted and spoofclientip, with
>> intercepted replacing the current transparent flag.
>>
>> Probably the same in the fde, where tproxy sets both.
>>
>> fde:
>>      intercepted     This connection was intercepted
>>      spoofclientip   Please mark received requests for spoofing the client ip
>>
>> request
>>      intercepted     This request was received on an intercepted connection,
>> need to act as if we were the origin server..
>>      spoofclientip   Spoof the outgoing connection using the client ip
>
> Please use camelCase or underscore_separators to make new names more
> readable.

Agreed. For the flags I'm keeping with the lower case and using _.

I'm part way through rollout of the 'intercepted' flag change now. Next up
will be replacing the tproxy flag.

I've enabled both flags as always-present where they are used and dropped
the LINUX_NETFILTER and LINUX_TPROXY4 macros back to IPInterception.cc
internals.
LINUX_TPROXY2 requires a few extra bits of code which are still unique so
until its agreed for dropping there are bits where its better to leave it.

Amos