These issues may be relevant:
  http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/37
  http://tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/38

If I understand correctly, Henrik is talking about a case where these two responses might be seen from an origin:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Vary: Accept-Encoding

[ gzip'd content ]

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Cache-Control: max-age=30

[ plain content ]

On 12/06/2008, at 10:57 AM, Benno Rice wrote:

On 11/06/2008, at 10:24 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
On ons, 2008-06-11 at 17:50 +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote:

Are there any objections to removing this patch from Squid-2.HEAD and documenting this discussion (and other Vary related stuff) on a wiki page?

No problem.

Ok. I'll commit a reversal of the patch later on.

If someone can provide me with an example of a request/response pattern that provokes the incorrect behaviour, I'll happily try and fix the patch up.

--
Benno Rice
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--