Kinkie wrote:
On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 4:54 AM, Amos Jeffries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kinkie wrote:
While doing some build-testing I've noticed that configure doesn't handle
gracefully some malformed --with(out) arguments.

This patch addresses three related issues:
- makes the error messages for those cases more informative
- changes some (echo + exit) sequences into AC_MSG_ERROR() standard
autoconf macros
- changes the layer-01 test options so that it doesn't invoke invalid
configure options
Great. Thank you for catching this.

I'm just thinking we should add graceful handling of --without-default-user
with these changes.

That's trickier. While unusual, "no" is a valid username.. Should we
second-guess our users?

Understood. In light of that I'm voting +1

Noting that there is another configure change still needed;

 --with-maxfd equivalent to --with-filedescriptors (from Squid-2)

but not directly related to this patch.

Amos