On 20/09/10 00:41, Andrew Beverley wrote:
I've moved it next to the headers check. I have also removed the error
message that was generated if they don't exist. However, this means that
if somebody explicitly sets --with-netfilter-conntrack and the libraries
don't exist, then it will silently fail. Is this the behaviour we want?

Hmm, we at least want to MSG_NOTICE for both cases, with preferrably a
hard error if its explicitly stated.

There'll be the default AC_SEARCH_LIBS notice in any case, and then it
will also be shown later assuming --enable-zph-qos is set. I've just
realised though that by default the QOS functions are disabled. I
thought the new concept was that everything was enabled by default?
Should I change the default to enabled for --enable-zph-qos?

Yes please.

Now enabled by default.

I have also decided that (as previously suggested) a miss option would
be useful in addition to the value preservation for a miss. This allows
a miss value to be set when Squid has been compiled without
libnetfilter-conntrack, and also makes it easier to set a miss value if
you're happy with a consistent value. I have therefore added this into
the latest patch (attached). The parameter is called 'miss' and it takes
precedence over the preserve-miss feature.

I've not heard back from my 2 testers yet, and I am yet to use it in
anger myself, but I will give feedback on all these once I have it.

Andy

Any news?

Unless someone has a reason not to I'm going to commit this when the current trunk build issues are resolved.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.2