On 11/14/2010 03:53 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
The -a option was broken by some config updates early in the 3.x cycles
which reset SquidConfig prior to parsing but after opening the -a
provided port.

This patch preserves the documented -a behaviour of opening an HTTP
listener port from the command line.
It also adds the double port opening for split-stack systems, preserving
consistency with wildcard http_port entries in the config.

Overall, I'm not sure we actually need the -a option. Especially given
that it appears to have been a few years before anyone noticed its being
broken. What are peoples thoughts on deprecating it for removal in 3.3?

If this hack has been broken for several years and nobody complained, I vote for removal in v3.2, but I certainly do not insist on it.

Alex.