mån 2011-01-10 klockan 22:12 +0000 skrev Andrew Beverley:

> > Squid is expected to build on a number of OS including old Linux
> > versions which were released before pkg-check became common. I've had no
> > feedback from anyone using those OS to say it can be ported. So for now
> > we are being a bit conservative and making do without it.
>
> Thanks, I thought that might be the case. Do you mind if I drop your
> thoughts back to the netfilter-dev mailing list (in answer to Jan's
> comments), as I feel a bit rude having not replied and not done anything
> since his email!

Personally I am quite fine with requiring pkg-config as a build
requirement for automtic detection of libcap, openssl, openldap and a a
couple more. My only requirement is that a minimal build should be
possible even without pkg-config.

pkg-config is often available even on those old OS versions even if not
normally installed.

Regards
Henrik