On 29/01/11 11:17, Phil Oester wrote:
On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 09:53:59PM +0000, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:26:02 -0800, Phil Oester wrote:
In revision 9957 (Remove HTTP/1.1 sent to clients), NTLM passthrough
was broken for Outlook clients, which require 1.1 to work properly.
When receiving 1.0, Outlook closes the connection (which breaks NTLM
since it requires a continued session).  Version 3.1.2 works fine
for these clients.  Note this is likely the cause of bug 3141.

The "http11" option has never been part of squid-3. It was an experiment
in 2.7 to see if sending 1.1 was possible yet. It looked successful so we
made it live in 3.1. But had to cut it out again quickly as you noticed. It
turns out the common browser software all wants to actually use HTTP/1.1
performance features which 3.1 does not support.

Feel free to undo the removal patch for your Squid-3.1 if you find those
problems not to be relevant on your network. Or to use 3.2.

Yes, we have worked around the two 1.1 deficiencies by:

1) Block chunked encoding:

     request_header_access Accept-Encoding deny all

2) ignore_expect_100 on

And reenabled http 1.1 to clients in 3.1.10.

BTW - any idea/roadmap for when 3.2.x series will be deemed stable?

I have hopes for around March sometime. It depends on a few architectural fixes and some bugs.

Amos
--
Please be using
  Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.4