As I moved forward and managed to make store_url feature stable to pass all of my tests The next step is to state a summary of the feature.

The goal of store_url feature is to give squid a way to handle De-duplication of objects.

Code implementation is quite simple but since I was working with the old bzr revision 12317 ant now its about 30 revisions up I dont have a clue on what to do.
for now I downloaded the new 2a revision 12349.

How it was done in squid 2.7 is less relevant for squid 3 branch implementation and was reviewed in the other thread.

We discussed earlier on "url" to "originalUrl" refactoring and it seems to me that this will make a big and unneeded modification to the code that is not needed to achieve the goal.

Also At every place the store_url is mentioned can be the indication of it while every other place a "url" or "canonicalUrl" is mentioned will be the mark of original url usage.

The steps we were talking about in the feature implementation are:
1. add the "fake" store_url interface to the helper based on redirect.
2. prepare all methods\functions and variables to allow the actual store_url happen. 3. add the actual implementation of store_url feature (making fake into real) and adding the needed documentation and configuration related code to allow the usage of the feature.
4. integrating store_url related code into PURGE,ICP,HTCP.

Things to consider?
Proposals for Tests that should be done are more then welcome.

Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru
https://www1.ngtech.co.il