On 11/10/2012 9:39 p.m., Tsantilas Christos wrote:
If there is not any objection I will commit this patch to trunk

On 09/19/2012 06:46 PM, Tsantilas Christos wrote:
Hi all,

This patch adds meta_header option to squid.conf. It is similar to
adaptation_meta but is applied after all adaptation and before logging.
Values of named meta headers can be logged using %{name}meta_header macros.

     meta_header name value acl ...
     logformat myFormat ... %{name}meta_header ...

This option may be initially used to log custom information about the
master transaction. For example, an admin may configure Squid to log
which "user group" the transaction belongs to, where "user group" will
be determined based on a set of ACLs and not [just] authentication
information.

>From user point of view, adaptation_header sets/implies meta_header
(i.e., setting adaptation_header is sufficient to be able to log it
using %meta_header) but the meta_header option itself (if any) is
evaluated later, so it has no effect on ICAP headers.

This is a Measurement Factory project

Thank you for your explanation earlier. If you can avoid calling the list of key:pair entries *headers* it would be less confusing. Half of my problems was reading about adding additional meta headers to a request. Where the association of "meta" is closely tied with the mime HTTP segment and "headers" with the key:pair fields in that mime segment *on-wire* as it were.

THanks
Amos