On 11/03/2014 23:15, Amos Jeffries wrote:
On 2014-03-12 06:40, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
What about choosing between openssl and nettle?

Given a choice between those two nettle wins hand-down on API stability
and licensing grounds.

OpenSSL has licensing policy issues on Debian and derived systems, and
MacOS. RHEL and derived systems have a number of ongoing compatibility
issues that we have been fighting against for a long while. So we are
having to bundle our own copies of the crypto code to simply make Squid
work when OpenSSL is not able to be provided.

Using Nettle is most useful to remove that bundled code forced on us by
those uses of OpenSSL. Gaining access to more modern algorithms is a
bonus side effect.
OK so +1 from me.

The issue ise that I yet to have a working RPM that I can install that I have created. I will use the ones from rpmforge manually while holding a copy of existing ones somewhere on my server.

Eliezer