On 29/01/2015 11:59 a.m., HackXBack wrote:
> Dear Amos,
>
> root@dotspot:~# /usr/lib/squid/ssl_crtd -d
> /usr/lib/squid/ssl_crtd: Uninitialized SSL certificate database directory: .
> To initialize, run "ssl_crtd -c -s ".
>
> no debug msg !!?

That was the debug message:

"
 Uninitialized SSL certificate database directory: .
 To initialize, run "ssl_crtd -c -s ".

"

So the directory path mentioned at the end of the first line is .  (.)

I think you either missed out some command line parameters when running
that test, or have been creating the helpers database in a location
Squid does not use.

For example, if you previously ran "ssl_crtd -c -s " then the DB would
be created in your home directory, and when Squid tried to run helpers
in *its* working directory they would die.

The docs <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/sslcrtd_program/> says
the helper requires -s and -M parameters.

What I meant was for you to add -d to the ones Squid was running it as
and see if it would run for you. Something like:

  ssl_crtd -d -s /usr/local/squid/var/lib/ssl_db -M 4MB

Amos