Hi,

I trying to spoof client IP via squid proxy by following  squid's TPROXY4 wiki
page:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

But I want to know whether squid can spoof client IP when we send proxy format
HTTP request from Mozilla (ie configuring proxy & port in mozilla). Can squid
proxy behave transparently towards only the web server & not the client?

I've tried sending proxy format HTTP request from client to squid box (on 3129
tproxy port), but I am getting Header forgery error Also its trying to connect
to itself instead of web server. I am trying to understand why squid is trying
to match host header's DNS with the destination IP instead of connecting to
host header's DNS (like normal proxy behaviour on port 3128).

Regards,
Ambadas