First an introduction in blocking HTTPS:
HTTPS is a protocol that is designed to be non-interceptable, and if it is
intercepted, the browser will notify the user about this interception.
This is very different from HTTP which can easily be intercepted and the
interceptor can redirect a browser using a defined HTTP code for redirection.
So blocking HTTP sites is easy since the HTTP protocol supports redirection and because of the redirection feature, a blocked URL can be redirected to a human readable web page saying "site X is blocked since you have no access rights".

Blocking HTTPS by redirecting a browser request is not possible since HTTPS is
encrypted.
To block such request, squidGuard and ufdbGuard can only instruct Squid to
replace the HTTPS URL with another HTTPS URL.
squidGuard, which development stopped in 2010, does not support a HTTPS
redirection URL and instead, sends the redirection URL for HTTP.
ufdbGuard uses 2 redirection URLs: one for HTTP and one for HTTPS, so the
blocked HTTPS-based URL is redirected to another HTTPS-based URL.
But the browser notes this and display a warning. Most likely that the
certificate is wrong.
After accepting the warning, a human-readable message about access being
denied, is displayed.

Squids ssl-dump feature, if configured, changes the above.
ssl-bump intercepts HTTPS traffic but the browser detects this and warns about
it.
To get rid of the warning permanently, one installs the certificate that Squid
uses in the browser's certificate store.

Blocking HTTPS, however, remains a difficult issue.
For HTTPS websites, Squid sends to ufdbGuard/squidGuard first a CONNECT-URL and
after that a GET-URL or POST-URL.
The CONNECT is not blockable in a sense that it can happen without browser warnings, so for a forbidden HTTPS site, the URL redirector must PASS the CONNECT-URL and wait for the GET/POST which it can block later.
This strategy works for regular HTTPS sites, where the site uses SSL-wrapped
HTTP.
However, this strategy fails for all other sites that use different protocols,
for example: chat, VPN, remote access software and SSH.
So for SSH, Squid only sends a CONNECT-URL to the URL redirector and it must
decide whether to pass or allow on the CONNECT since there are no future
GET/POST URLs that it may block.
This complicates things a lot.
The next version of ufdbGuard will have new features to attempt to get around
these issues.