On 22/07/2015 21:59, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
Hey Jens,

I have tested the issue with LARGE ROCK and not AUFS or UFS.
Using squid or not my connection to the server is about 2.5 MBps (20Mbps).
Squid is sitting on an intel atom with SSD drive and on a HIT case the
download speed is more then doubled to 4.5 MBps(36Mbps).
I have not tried it with AUFS yet.

And I must admit that AUFS beats rock cache with speed.
I have tried rock with basic "cache_dir rock /var/spool/squid 8000" vs "cache_dir aufs /var/spool/squid 8000 16 256" and the aufs cache HIT results more then doubles 3 the speed rock gave with default settings.

So about 15MBps which is 120Mbps.
I do not seem to feel what Jens feels but the 100% CPU might be because of spinning disk hangs while reading the file from disk.

Amos, I remember that there were some suggestions how to tune large rock.
Any hints?
I can test it and make it a suggestion for big files.

Eliezer