Hi.

On 18.05.2016 16:29, Amos Jeffries wrote:

I don't know what you mean by "the main tree". But The feature you
describe does not qualify for adding to the 3.5 production release
series. The only features added to a series after is goes to "stable"
production releases are ones which resolve non-feature bugs or can be
done without affecting existing installations.
Well, you can treat kerberos cache in the kerberos group ACL helper as both. It doesn't affect current installations in any way: neither it doesn't change the configuration syntax, nor adds new caveats. In the same way it can be considered as a bugfix: as far as I know it was supposed to exist in the helper from the start, but was misimplemented. All it adds is the cache: it caches the credentials up to their TTL, which is defined by the ticket (not by squid, not by helper).
By changing the helper behaviour in all cases this clearly affects
existing installations. So only qualifies for including into the next
series, which is Squid-4.
It doesn't change helper behaviour, it fixes it.

Eugene.