On Sunday 03 July 2016 at 15:04:57, james82 wrote:

> http://i.stack.imgur.com/DEVbl.png
>
> my /etc/squid3/squid.conf file:
> https://ghostbin.com/paste/cwrdw

You have just copied the sample configuration from the commented-out lines in
squid.conf, without adapting them to where you want your cache to be and what
size to use.

The comments tell you to use:

# cache_dir Type Directory-Name Fs-specific-data [options]

and specifically for the rock store type:

# cache_dir rock Directory-Name Mbytes [options]

So, you need to change your configuration lines:

        cache_dir rock /hdd1 ... min-size=100000
        cache_dir rock /ssd1 ... max-size=99999
        cache_dir rock /hdd2 ... min-size=100000
        cache_dir rock /ssd2 ... max-size=99999
        cache_dir rock /hdd3 ... min-size=100000
        cache_dir rock /ssd3 ... max-size=99999

so that they make sense according to the above format guidelines.  (Hint: the
"..." above means "fill in the appropriate details", it doesn't mean "type
three dots here").

However, since you also have a line:

        cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 100 16 256

(which I notice is also copied direct from the sample in the documentation,
making me wonder whether you have thought about what size you want your cache
to be, for example)

why do you also have the 'rock' cache lines?

PS: In future please post your squid.conf without any comments or blank lines.

Regards,

Antony.

--
This sentence contains exacly three erors.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.