Hi, I have just installed squid on windows 10, open the port 3128 in the
firewall and configured FF to use the proxy on localhost:3128 for all the
requests, but every request ends with the following page:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL:
http://www.google.com/search?

    Unable to determine IP address from host name "www.google.com"

The DNS server returned:

    No DNS records

This means that the cache was not able to resolve the hostname presented in the
URL. Check if the address is correct.
Without proxy I can navigate without problems, I saw also in the configuration
that squid uses google DNS server 8.8.8.8, so I configured my network adapter
to use google DNS servers 8.8.8.8 and I can navigate in internet without
problems.
At this point I have also checked the squid log files for errors but there was
none.
Resuming it: it seems that squid can connect to google DNS server 8.8.8.8 but
the DNS server doesn't know the IP of "www.google.com", what it is impossible.
Now I'm confused and I don't know how to solve this problem.