On 20/10/17 03:09, Klaus Tachtler wrote:

The config files I see in that page contains some configuration lines I am trying to get people to stop doing:

I will delete the problematic lines from my configuration example. BUT fist I will read the documentation again, to understand what I'm doing.

By the way, I don't use it in my small family production environment, I was doing that only for testing an learning, how MITM could be done.

Ah, thats part of what I was worried about. These settings make Squid actively hide problems from both you as admin and the user / clients. Having almost all the useful error messages hidden does not help you learning / debugging what is going on.

I respect the privacy of my family, so I wouldn't use it productively.

These settings do not affect privacy. They make Squid stay silent even if your network and clients are under heavy active attacks by outside services. They also as a side-effect provide invisibility *to the attackers* (not to your clients! ouch). Effectively they do the opposite of what a sane admin wants in todays environment.

Amos