Hi all

Any idea why when using www.speedtest.net on my squid proxy ( squid 3.5.27 on Centos 6.9) gives consistently false/bad speeds while doing a speed test. The actual speed when downloading a file from a actual web server like say the microsoft website is consistently good (30Mb/s fiber - download speed 3.4MB/s) but a speed test done at the same time sits at around 3 to 4Mb/s. I have tried turning caching off and various other "tuning" settings on squid but nothing has fundamentally altered the speed. Running command line speedtest gives a correct speedtest from the squid host. Test machine was machine running firefox and chrome with the proxy statically configured and wasn't under any load. A similarly configured squid on smaller hardware and the same service provider runs consistently gives an accurate speedtest (same centos and squid versions). Any one have any ideas?

thanks

Evan