On 01/12/17 07:32, carlos wrote:
Hi all,

I m new to squid and i m installing it i na RHEL 7.4, squid version 3.5.20.

I have a setup with 3 squid instances listening in 3 diferent ports (but
other than they are basically the same), each instance have 4 workers.

By "basically the same" I hope you have accounted for all the directives mentioned in <https://wiki.squid-cache.org/MultipleInstances> which have mandatory differences.

The problem is when i restart the squid ou after some random time i get :

in cache log:
FATAL: kid3 registration timed out
Squid Cache (Version 3.5.20): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.030 seconds = 0.020 user + 0.010 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 67648 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 0

in messages log:
  (squid-3): kid3 registration timed out

The worker is taking too long to startup. Something you have configured (or not configured correctly) is making the process too long for the SMP coordinator to cope with.

Amos