Greetings all,

We would like to announce the next version of Web Safety ICAP web filter for
Squid proxy (version 6.0.0.EF8F, built on December 12, 2017) as Release
Candidate.

This version contains the following fixes and improvements:

*        Added ability to block comments and related videos on YouTube.

*        Admin UI updated from Django 1.8.17 to Django 1.11.7 (breaking change!)

*        The backup/restore functionality was completely redesigned. It is now
possible to directly import configuration backup from older version of the
product into UI.

*        Added special community build of the product. This build is based on
FOSS components and is completely free. Squid proxy, Admin UI to manage it,
Traffic Monitor and ClamAV eCAP antivirus are included into the preconfigured
virtual appliance based on Ubuntu 16
http://packages.diladele.com/websafety/6.0.0.EF8F/va/ubuntu16/websafety.zip .

*        Added support for haproxy's PROXY protocol, now it is possible to know
the user's IP in cluster deployments. Policies can be applied by the IP
address/range/subnet and not by only Active Directory authenticated user
name/group.

*        Kerberos REALM field is moved to UI/Squid/Auth/Kerberos. Now is
possible to use NTLM or LDAP authentication without configuring any Kerberos
setting at all.

The version is available from
https://www.diladele.com/download_next_version.html . It is recommended to use
Ubuntu 16 and CentOS 7 based virtual appliances in production. Direct links to
virtual appliances are:

*
http://packages.diladele.com/websafety/6.0.0.EF8F/va/ubuntu16/websafety.zip

*
http://packages.diladele.com/websafety/6.0.0.EF8F/va/centos7/websafety.zip

The final release is expected to take place at the end of January 2018. We are
now slowly updating our docs site and all integration tutorials and continue
acceptance tests on all platforms.

Please use this build in non critical production deployments. Your
questions/issues/bugs are welcome at
supp...@diladele.com<mailto:supp...@diladele.com>. Next version will include
Google Safe Browsing protection as URL rewriter. Join our community to get
early access to next development builds (see
https://www.diladele.com/community.html).

Thanks to all of you for making this possible!

Rafael Akchurin
Diladele B.V.