On 26.07.18 15:15, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
Before destroying our Squid proxy with an ACL, I'd like to LOG ACL hits
instead of using "http_access deny" straight away:

--- nsip ---
acl markURLhaus annotate_transaction accessRule=URLhaus
acl URLhaus url_regex "/etc/squid5/generated-urlhaus.acl"
http_access deny URLhaus markURLhaus
--- nsip ---

How?

you can configure an ACL and only define it in access_log directive.
separate log file would be preferred for this.

there's also "note" directive that allows you log notes for requests
matching ACL. http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/note/

Underlying problem: https://urlhaus.abuse.ch/ is offering
a plain-text URL list here https://urlhaus.abuse.ch/downloads/text/

But in squid I must used "url_regex" - meaning I'll have to escape the
likes of .^$*+?()[{\|

the main problem is that HTTPS URL is only known when you do SSL
deciphering, which may happen:
- in reverse proxy scenario (using squid for ssl offloading)
- when you use SSL bumping (which is quote complicated to implement).

also note that url_regex ACLs are quite CPU hungry.

One OS to rule them all, One OS to find them, One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them _______________________________________________