On Wednesday 14 October 2020 at 11:29:58, m k wrote:

> hi Antony,
>
> 4.13 is a compiler from source.

Show us the command you use to compile it.

> workers just write in squid.conf.

I don't think you understood what I meant by "details" - show us exactly what
you have put into the config file so that we might be able to try the same
thing
on another machine, or perhaps spot a syntax error, or otherwise help to
identify the problem.

As it is, you've basically said "I've done something, and the result doesn't
work."  You haven't shown us what the "something" is, and you haven't shown us
any output of the way in which it fails, so we have no real information to go
on to help resolve the problem.

> If it doesn't work, it starts for a moment when you start squid and then
> stops immediately.

What is written into the log file?

> Workers squid works fine with the 4.4 package.

Good.

Antony.

--
The words "e pluribus unum" on the Great Seal of the United States are from a
poem by Virgil entitled "Moretum", which is about cheese and garlic salad

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.