On 10.05.21 07:52, Aniruddha Gore wrote:
Any help I could use?  :) The gist is: I have squid running on machine A,
and an app on machine B.  The app sets proxy (A's ip address and squid
port #) when making HTTP requests but the requests are failing.

When I run Squid on the same machine where my application is running it
works fine, but when I run Squid with the same exact default config on a
different machine it doesn't.  I supply other machine's IP address and
port (3128) on command line to my app, and it simply takes it and sets web
proxy property on CPPRest SDK's http_config object.

The access.log file has many lines like the following:
1620409014.520  42289 <ip adress> TAG_NONE/500 0 CONNECT <uri>:443 -
HIER_DIRECT/13.107.246.70 -

looks like the application correctly asks SQUID for CONNECT but something
happens after that.
Is there anything in cache.log for that time?
When capturing network calls via Wireshark (on this other machine where
Squid is running), the CONNECT call succeeds but the following TCP call
seems to fail with a RESET status (Wireshark is highlighting it in
Yellow).  Here's the frame if I am doing it right:

well, the CONNECT is send, but later squid replies with 500 internal error
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidLogs#Squid_result_codes

the wireshark details don't show any message from squid. Maybe there is
none. --
"One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
"Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler