On 16/10/21 12:33 am, Ryan Absolom wrote:
Hi All

Wondering if anyone can help - we've recently added a new subnet to squid.conf (exactly the same layout / variables used as previous subnets) however this doesn't get recognised.

What do you mean by "added" ?

With a default squid.conf it would just be a new value on the "acl localnet" line(s). Then it works.

What do you mean by "recognised" ?

No meaning of the word "recognise" aligns with any action a proxy like Squid performs.

What makes this more confusing is we have to disable Selinux in order to be able to pick up a connection to the server (telnet/nc) for this

That is indeed very confusing. SELinux protects OS API calls against unwanted accesses. It can interfere with some Squid features, but network connections is usually not one of them.

DO you have ARP / EUI based ACLs other subnets somehow avoid?
or doing NAT interception of this new traffic source differently from others? or receiving this traffic over an unusual (eg non-Ethernet) type of interface?

As Joey mentioned already, the network firewall (eg iptables/ip6tables) is another thing to check.

Amos