On 28/12/21 19:01, roee klinger wrote:
    stdout of the helper is the channel to respond to Squid requests. Do not
    send other information there.

    Helper debug info etc should go to the helper stderr which Squid will
    deliver to cache.log.

Thank you, Amos.

I am glad there is a built-in way to handle this.

However, I tried putting this inside the script:

    sys.stderr.write("test
    ################################################")

However, I still can notĀ see the info in the cache log, these are my configurations:

    cache_log stdio:/dev/stdout
    cache_store_log stdio:/dev/stdout

NP: make sure you have log rotation set to 0 when doing this.

I even tried adding this, but still no luck:

    debug_options 82,9

I can see the rest of the cache log just fine, and stdout makes it to itsĀ destination just fine as well.

Any idea what is wrong?

Not for certain, works fine for me.

I/O behaviours like default buffering have caused issues with some helper implementation languages. So that is where I would be looking now to find out.

Amos