On 22/05/24 07:51, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 2024-05-21 13:50, Bobby Matznick wrote:
I have been trying to use a combined log format for squid. The below line in the squid config is my current attempt.

logformat combined %>a %[ui %[un [%tl "%rm %ru HTTP/%rv" %>Hs %<st "%{Referer}>h" "%{User-Agent}>h" %Ss:%Sh

Please do not redefine built-in logformat configurations like "squid" and "combined". Name and define your own instead.

For built-in formats do not use logformat directive at all. Just configure the log output:

 access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log combined

As Alex said, please do not try to re-define the built-in formats. If you must define *a* format with the same/similar details, use a custom name for yours.

So, checked with squid -v and do not see “—enable-referrer_log” as one of the configure options used during install. Would I need to reinstall, or is that no longer necessary in version 4.13?

referer_log and the corresponding ./configure options have been removed long time ago, probably before v4.13 was released.

Since Squid v3.2 that log has been a built-in logformat. Just configure a log like this:

 access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log referrer

HTH
Amos